Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kishore Kumar...

Listening to Kishore Kumar solos for a change... and I thought I would pick my top 25. This is in no particular order (only in the order in which they are playing on shuffle on my iPod!). I'm not even going to try reviewing them - they are too good!


01. Phoolon Ke Rang Se (it's like poetry flowing through the song)
02. Chala Jata Hoon (the high notes that Akil hits so well!)
03. Chookar Mere Man Ko (the amazing romance in the air it brings)
04. Jeevan Se Bhari Teri Aankhein (listen to him sing "majboor kare jeene ke liye..." it's beautiful...)
05. Nakhrewali (it's unstructured and his voice sounds amazing in it)
06. O Mere Dil Ke Chain (it's got that je ne sais quoi)
07. Dil Aaj Shayar Hai (just listen to it, you'll know why)
08. Kehna Hai (again the romance he brings into it)
09. Yeh Shaam Mastani (more romance...)
10. Roop Tera Mastana (of course! :P)
11. Rimjhim Gire Sawan (because Amma loves it :P)
12. Dil Kya Kare (any girl would fall in love with this song)
13. Meri Bholi Bindu (ha ha! what a song!)
14. Ruk Jana Nahin (philosophical and meaningful)
15. Yeh Jeevan Hai (I always love his sad songs more!)
16. Humen Tumse Pyar Kitna (ooohhhhhh.......)
17. Ghunghroo Ki Tarah (again because it's sad I guess...)
18. Khilte Hain Gul Yahan (one more... I really need to get over the sad phase!)
19. Dilbar Mere Kab Tak Mujhe (again it's got the je ne sais quoi)
20. Jaago Sonewalo (powerful in many ways)
21. O Maajhi Re (the background music!)
22. Tum Bin Jaaoon Kahan (all-time favourite)
23. O Saathi Re (pure magic)
24. Thandi Hawa (dark moonlit night, play this and you'll know what I mean)
25. Dheere Se Jaana (for being the most fun lullaby!)

Hardest ever blog I've written - just for picking only 25!

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog, Archie! Must say, good work! I'd like to see a post for us illiterates in classical music.

    And thanks for this top 25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the songs!! :) happy b'day kishore da!!

    ReplyDelete